The importance of communication is vital to every relationship in your lives, whether it is personal, business or just in general. If you want to improve the way that you interact with people on a daily basis, you would really benefit from further improving your communication skills in the areas where you are weakest. When your communication skills are honed, you will notice a drastic improvement in your interactions with the people you interact with.
On this resources page, you will find a variety of books, courses and guides that can help you target your weaknesses in communication and strengthen them. If you have any questions or comments please let us know by submitting them here. Do your best and the results will come!
Improving Your Personal Communication Skills
- Just Listen: Discover the Secret to Getting Through to Absolutely Anyone – An excellent guide to helping break down barriers in communication and helps to get your message across to even the most hard-nosed people.
- Effective Communication 101 – Dr. Deirdre Mithaug teaches this online course on effective communication. This course will help you understand the way communication influences all aspects of your life, which can help enhance your business dealings, strengthen your personal relationships, or just for generally improved interaction with others around you.
- Rock Solid Body Language – This system is one of the most powerful resources out there to help you learn how to train your body to say what it intends with body language. Watch as you can use body language to get ahead in your career, making friends, influence people and exude confidence.
- Dealing With Difficult People – With 11 easy lessons to follow, this course will help you identify the different personalities that cause friction between people and help you address the conflict before it gets out of hand. If you experience conflict on a regular basis with people you see on a daily basis, you need this course to help you pull through.
- Talk Like a Winner: 21 Simple Rules for Achieving Everyday Communication Success – This award-winning book provides you with 21 rules for successful communication that will help you overcome your weaknesses when you are communication with others. Each chapter provides you with exercises to get you off on the right foot.
Improving Your Business Communication Skills
- Mastering Communication at Work: How to Lead, Manage, and Influence – This book is based on 45 years of research, which span from government leaders to leaders of companies. The actionable advice that this book provides let you put the skills you learn in action right away.
- Negotiation Skills 101 – This course helps to improve your negotiating skills by outlining common negotiating mistakes, providing ideas for win/win negotiations and giving you the secrets to powerful negotiation techniques among many other tips and tricks.
- Situational Leadership Training – Dr. Paul Hersey created this course 48 years ago and it revolutionized basic management training and turned it into a powerful leadership training manual. Over 70% of the Fortune 1000 companies have been using this training with their top level executives, and only recently has it been available for us to as well.
- How To Reduce Workplace Conflict And Stress: How Leaders And Their Employees Can Protect Their Sanity And Productivity From Tension And Turf Wars – This book will help you to protect your career and workplace from the tension and hostility that can be disabling when workplace conflicts are abundant.
Improving Your Relationships
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts – If you and your spouse or partner feel like their needs are never met, it could be likely that you are speaking different love languages. This book is so essential to your relationships as it will help you to not only learn but to also speak your loved ones love language.
- Your Marriage Savior System – Michael Cross presents a system that can be just the thing that can save your marriage. Your spouse may not be up for marriage counseling, but this system will be even more effective for saving your marriage.
- Listening Skills 101 – As you’ve learned, there is a big difference between hearing and listening. Do your partner a favor and learn to be a good listener by completing this course as this can help earn you respect, appreciation and build even stronger relationships.
- A FREE eHarmony Personality Profile – Did you know eHarmony helps 239 people get married each day? Create a FREE Personality Profile here to get your started finding the love of your life.